Thursday, November 29, 2012

The Secret

 Author's Note: I wrote this piece in about 30 minutes in the reading lab so when you read through it, please look for any small mistakes I may have made.  

...When she saw troy again, he would not be the same person as he was before...As the jar was opened, Troy found himself staring straight into a black, swirling pit of darkness. Seconds passed, and a foggy cloud of mist came floating out from Troy. Mr. Mason, with a half witted smile, listened to the painful shouting he had always heard when a loud and annoying student was interrupting his class. The cloudy figure started spiraling down the jar, leaving Troy with no spirit to support him. Falling hard to the ground with a loud bump, Molly ran into the room to see what had happened. Mr. Mason was surprised to see her, except he didn’t worry.

“Molly, there is no running in school,” Mr. Mason chanted as though he has said it a million times.

“Mr. Mason! I saw what you did to Troy! Why are you torturing our students!”

“I’m not torturing them, I’m simply capturing their souls so I can have more power to return.”

“Return to what? Is troy going to be alright?”

“You could say that I guess.” Mr. Mason answered with a smirk on his face. “I was once ruler of this world, a long long time ago. The people didn’t agree with my choices, so they decided to take away my powers.”

“I command you to return these poor students souls back! This is not right!”

“Oh, look at you. A brave 8th grader trying to stand up for her fellow classmates.” Mr. Mason was impressed with the way she spoke to him, unlike she does in school.

“What if I told you to take me instead?”

“No, that is not possible. Unless....”

“Unless what?” Molly nervously asked.

“Unless you promise me that you will never get your soul back, and no one can save you from the torture you go through.”

“I accept.”

“Very well then. Troy will return to school tomorrow like normal, and you will not be able to tell anyone what I have done.”

“I promise.”

The next day, Troy came to school wondering why he hadn’t remembered what had happened after school the day before. Whatever the reason was, he didn’t care, all he wanted to do was find Molly.

While listening to the short story of this piece, the first thing I thought of was magic. Listening to the descriptions of Mr. Baker and the kid that got transformed, it made me think of Harry Potter and the many spells they can do to people to change their appearance. Throughout my ending, I tried to explain that Mr. Baker was not a normal person and that he had some kind of special powers that only Molly noticed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment